Technology has completely transformed the way we live. Easier, faster, convenient – all terms we use when considering how technology has benefited us. For many of us, we could not imagine our day-to-day lives without the phones at our fingertips, responsive digital assistants, GPS applications to help us get to where we need to go or countless other modern marvels.
Many of these same devices and similar software systems also meld into our professional lives and aid us in our work processes. Departments such as accounting and sales tend to rely heavily on process-driven software applications that make lives easier and more understandable across both small and large organizations. The same can occur within the environmental, health and safety profession.
EHS software offers many advantages for both companies and individual employees, from increased productivity to lower costs from EHS improvements. Here are some thoughts worthy of consideration:
- Streamline workflows by combining all aspects of a safety management system into one solution. No more pen & paper files and clunky filing cabinets.
- Consistent processes across the organization because everyone, everywhere is using the same form or checklist or workflow.
- Easily access reports and custom dashboards to analyze and get fast, effective, and actionable insights.
- Reporting in real time with the click of a button by sending reports from the field immediately or access a dashboard anytime, anywhere.
- Managing corrective actions easily via digital exchange without leaving the system. No need to track in different, unconnected systems – everything is accomplished in one streamlined flow, even with contacts outside of your organization.
- Increase transparency and visibility by consolidating data into one central repository. Spot patterns and gaps in your data from all sources whether across the country, by region, or even by location or project.
- Tracking and trending from a single report to every point of data from the beginning to the end of the life of your program.
- Combine leading and lagging data so that risks can be assessed in real time, proactive steps can be made, and improvements measured for effectiveness.
- Vastly improve communications using automated alerts, scheduled reports, or targeted bulletins aimed at delivering important information and facilitate crucial conversations.
- Cloud-based data storage combined with relational databases for ease of access and retrieval, saving you time searching for the information you need to get a clear picture of your performance.
It has been well established that technology is touching our lives and businesses in all new ways. The digital revolution has brought about innovative ways of performing complex and time-consuming tasks. Inspired by the same sense of simplicity and convenience, EHS software systems make complex processes simple and user-friendly yet enormously efficient and versatile.
Cary comes to the SafetyStratus team as the Vice President of Operations with almost 30 years of experience in several different industries. He began his career in the United States Navy’s nuclear power program. From there he transitioned into the public sector as an Environmental, Health & Safety Manager in the utility industry. After almost thirteen years, he transitioned into the construction sector as a Safety Director at a large, international construction company. Most recently he held the position of Manager of Professional Services at a safety software company, overseeing the customer success, implementation, and process consulting aspects of the services team.
At SafetyStratus, he is focused on helping achieve the company’s vision of “Saving lives and the environment by successfully integrating knowledgeable people, sustainable processes, and unparalleled technology”.