Statement Of Confidentiality
Who Are We?
SafetyStratus offers the industry’s most comprehensive enterprise environmental, health and safety (EHS) platform with software, technology, services, and content to reduce risks and achieve operational excellence. Teams in academia, construction, healthcare, and general industry use the SafetyStratus platform to conduct inspections and observations, collaborate on hazard assessments, prepare incident reports, track institutional protocols and radioactive isotope inventory, and stay compliant with federal or regional regulations in any part of the world using a desktop or a mobile device in real-time.
SafetyStratus is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you a powerful and safe online experience. This SafetyStratus Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) explains our privacy practices for the activities described herein. Please read this Privacy Statement carefully to learn how we collect, use, share, and otherwise process information relating to individuals (“Personal Data”) and to learn about your rights and choices regarding your Personal Data.
Any reference to “SafetyStratus,” “we,” “us,” or the “Company” is a reference to SafetyStratus, Inc., and its relevant affiliates involved in the collection, use, sharing, or other processing of Personal Data. SafetyStratus is the controller of your Personal Data as described in this Privacy Statement unless specified otherwise.
This Privacy Statement does not apply to the extent that we process Personal Data in the role of a processor or service provider on behalf of our customers, including where we offer to our customers’ various cloud products and services through which our customers (or their affiliates):
- Create their own applications or websites running on our platform or data,
- Sell or offer your own products and services,
- Send communications to others electronically or
- Share or process Personal Data via our cloud-based products and services in any other manner.
We are not responsible for the data privacy or data security practices of our customers, which may differ from those followed by SafetyStratus, as explained in this Privacy Statement.
Purposes for Processing Personal Data & Why:
We collect and process your Personal Data for the purposes detailed in this section. Where required by law, we obtain your consent to use and process your Personal Data. Otherwise, we rely on other authorized legal reasons that include (but are not limited to) the performance of a contract or legitimate interest to collect and process your Personal Data.
- Providing our websites and services (including necessary functionality for both): We process your Personal Data to fulfill our contractual obligations with you for the use of our websites and services. If we have not executed a contract with you or your organization, we base the processing of your Personal Data on our legitimate interest to provide you with the content you requested (e.g., downloading content from our website).
- Promoting the security of our websites: We process your Personal Data by tracking the use of our websites, verifying accounts and activity, creating aggregated data of a non-personal nature, investigating suspicious activity, and enforcing our data security policies, programs, and applications to protect our rights and the rights of others.
- Managing user registrations: We process your Personal Data by managing your user account for the purpose of performing our contract with you according to applicable terms of service.
- Handling contacts and user requests: If you fill out a “Contact Us” web form, request user support, or if you contact us by other means including by telephone, we process your Personal Data to perform our contract obligations with you as well as to fulfill your request and communicate the findings to you.
- Managing promotions or contests: If you register for a promotion or contest, we process your Personal Data to perform our contract with you. Some promotions and contests have additional rules regarding how we will process your Personal Data.
- Managing payments: If you have provided financial information to us, we process your Personal Data to verify that information and to collect payments to complete a transaction and fulfill our contractual obligations with you.
- Developing and improving our websites: We process your Personal Data to analyze trends and to track your usage of and interactions with our websites to develop and improve our websites and provide our users with more relevant content and service offerings.
- Assessing and improving user experience: We process device and usage data that may be associated with your Personal Data to analyze trends and assess and improve the overall user experience.
- Reviewing compliance with applicable usage terms: We process your Personal Data to review compliance with the applicable usage terms in our customer’s contract agreement to ensure adherence to the relevant terms.
- Assessing capacity requirements: We process your Personal Data to assess the capacity requirements of our services to ensure that we are satisfactorily meeting the necessary capacity requirements of website offerings.
- Identifying customer opportunities: We process your Personal Data to assess new potential customer opportunities to ensure that we are meeting the needs of our customers and their users’ experiences.
- Recording phone calls and web meetings: We may record phone calls and web meetings for training, quality assurance, and administration purposes. If required, we will obtain your prior consent or give you the option to object to being recorded.
- Personalized advertisements and content: We process your Personal Data to advertise to you, provide information about us (on and off our websites,) gather research on marketing campaigns, and provide other personalized content based upon your interests for our legitimate interest in marketing our websites and services or, where required, to the extent you have provided your prior consent.
- Communication for marketing: We will process your Personal Data or device and usage data, which in some cases may be associated with your Personal Data, to send you marketing information, make product and service recommendations, and other non-transactional communications (e.g., marketing letters, telemarketing calls, etc.) about us and our affiliates or partners, for our legitimate interest in conducting direct marketing.
- Complying with legal obligations: We process your Personal Data when cooperating with public and government authorities, courts, or regulators in accordance with our legal obligations under applicable laws as necessary to protect the interests of SafetyStratus.
If we need to collect and process Personal Data by law, or under a contract we have entered with you or your organization, and you fail to provide the required Personal Data when requested, we may not be able to perform our contractual obligations to you.
Collection of Your Personal Information
SafetyStratus collects personally identifiable information (PII) such as your e-mail address, name, company name, identification number, work address, or telephone number. SafetyStratus also collects anonymous demographic information such as your ZIP code, age, gender, preferences, and favorites. Depending on the software application used and the process utilized by the Client Organization, some PII may be classified as protected health information (PHI) and subject to the appropriate safeguards.
There may also be information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by SafetyStratus. This can include your IP address, browser type, times of access, and referring website information. This data is used by SafetyStratus for the proper operation of the service, to maintain the quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding the use of the SafetyStratus website.
SafetyStratus is not responsible for privacy statements or other content on websites outside of SafetyStratus.com and the SafetyStratus family of websites.
Use of Your Personal Information
SafetyStratus collects and uses your personal information to operate the websites and deliver the services you have requested. SafetyStratus may also use your personal data information to inform you of other products or services available from SafetyStratus and its partners and affiliates. SafetyStratus may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about our current offerings as well as potential new products or services that may be offered.
If you provide personal information to our platform, SafetyStratus shall process this information as a data processor on behalf of its Customers, who use our software to manage EHS. As a business need, your Personal Data may be collected, transferred to, and stored by SafetyStratus in the United States and by our affiliates in other countries where we operate. These may include countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). We have implemented safeguards to ensure adequate security and protection when your Personal Data is transferred to countries outside the EEA. Safeguards include strict Codes of Conduct, such as internal policies and procedures as well as standard contractual clauses with third parties for the transfer of Personal Data.
SafetyStratus does not sell, rent, or lease its customer data to third parties. SafetyStratus may contact you on behalf of our external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your personal data is not transferred to a third party. In addition, SafetyStratus may share data with trusted partners to help us fulfill contractual requirements, perform statistical analysis, send you information, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal data except to provide these services to SafetyStratus, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
SafetyStratus does not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
SafetyStratus keeps track of the websites and pages our customers visit within SafetyStratus, to determine what services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver content and advertising to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular topic.
We may share your Personal Data as follows:
- Service Providers: With our contracted service providers, that provide services such as IT and system administration and hosting, credit card processing, research and analytics, marketing, customer platform, support, and data analytics.
- Event Sponsors: If you attend an event or webinar organized by us, we may share your Personal Data with sponsors of the event. You may consent to share on the form or by allowing your attendee badge to be scanned. If you do not want your personal data to be shared, you may choose to opt out on the form or refuse to have your badge scanned.
- Contest and Promotion Sponsors: With sponsors of contests or promotions for which you register.
- Third-party Networks and Websites: With third-party social media networks, advertising networks, and websites, so that SafetyStratus can market and advertise on third-party platforms and websites.
- Professional Advisers: In certain instances, we may share your Personal Data with professional advisers acting as service providers, processors, or joint controllers. These may include lawyers, bankers, auditors, and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance, and accounting services. To the extent we are legally obliged to share or have a legitimate interest in sharing your Personal Data, we may do so.
- Third Parties Involved in a Corporate Transaction: If we are involved in a merger, reorganization, acquisition, dissolution, or other corporate change, or if all or a portion of our business, assets, or stock are acquired by a third party, we will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any transfer of Personal Data to an unaffiliated third party.
We may also share anonymous or de-identified usage data with SafetyStratus’ service providers for the purpose of helping SafetyStratus in such analysis and improvements. Additionally, SafetyStratus may share such anonymous usage data on an aggregate basis in the normal course of operating our business.
Anyone using our forums, blogs, or other public spaces on our websites may view any Personal Data or other information you choose to post.
Cookies are designed to save you time. For example, when you visit a SafetyStratus website, a cookie helps to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process to avoid reloading information. When you return to the same SafetyStratus website, the saved data stored in the cookie file previously collected can be retrieved, so you can easily use the SafetyStratus features that you customized.
You can accept or decline cookies. Most browsers automatically assign cookies. However, you can, in most cases, modify your setting in your browser to disable cookies. If you do decide to disable the cookies feature, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the SafetyStratus website or websites you visit.
This site uses Google Analytics codes and logs when users view specific pages or take specific actions on this website. This will allow SafetyStratus to provide advertisements across the internet based on your specific interests. We use first-party cookies from the host domain and third-party cookies (e.g., DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to the SafetyStratus website. If you do not wish to receive this type of advertisement from us in the future, you can decline in the opt-out form provided by Google.
Security of Your Personal Information
SafetyStratus secures the personally identifiable information you provide in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. When personal information is transmitted to other websites, it is protected using data security encryption and protocols.
We take appropriate precautions including organizational, technical, and physical measures to help safeguard against destruction, loss, alteration, and/or unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, the Personal Data we process or use.
We follow generally accepted standards and best practices to protect Personal Data. However, there is no method of storage or transmission that is 100% secure. You are solely responsible for protecting your password, limiting access to your devices, sharing exported data, and signing out of websites after your sessions. If you have any questions about the security of our websites, please contact us by using the information provided in the “Contact Information” section below.
In addition, our websites, products, and services are not directed at minors or children. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 16 unless a child under the age of 16 incidentally visits our site. Any parent or guardian who believes their child has provided SafetyStratus with Personal Data without consent should contact us by using the information in the “Contact Information” section and we will take appropriate steps to remedy the situation.
Changes to the Statement
We will update this Privacy Statement from time to time to reflect changes in our practices, technologies, legal requirements, and other factors. If we do, we will update the “effective date” at the top. If we make a significant update, we may provide you with notice prior to the update taking effect by posting a notice on our websites or by contacting you directly.
We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Statement to stay informed about our collection, processing, and sharing of your Personal Data.
To exercise your rights relating to your Personal Data, or if you have comments or questions regarding our privacy practices, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail us at:
SafetyStratus Data Protection Officer (SafetyStratus Privacy Team)
7924 Preston Rd, STE 350
Plano, TX 75024
We will diligently work with you to obtain a fair and mutually agreeable resolution regarding any complaint or concern about your privacy. If, however, you believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, and you are in the EEA, you have the right to register a complaint with the appropriate authority.
How Long do We Keep Your Personal Data?
We may retain your Personal Data for a period that is consistent with the intended purpose of collection (see the “Purposes for Processing Personal Data and Why” section, above) or if required to fulfill our legal obligations. We determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Data based on the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Data being processed, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of the Personal Data, whether we can achieve the purposes of the processing through other means and based on applicable legal requirements (such as applicable statutes of limitation.)
After the expiration of the applicable retention periods, your Personal Data will be deleted. If there is any data that we are unable, for technical reasons, to delete entirely from our systems, we will take measures to ensure the data will not be utilized.
Rights to Personal Data
You have rights pertaining to your Personal Data, subject to applicable data protection laws. A listing of these rights is as follows:
- To access your Personal Data held by us (The Right to Access.)
- To rectify inaccurate Personal Data and ensure it is complete (The Right to Rectification.)
- To erase/delete your Personal Data, to the extent permitted by applicable data protection laws (The Right to Erasure and The Right to be Forgotten.)
- To restrict our processing of your Personal Data to the extent permitted by law (The Right to Restriction of Processing).
- To transfer your Personal Data to another controller, to the extent possible (The Right to Data Portability.)
- To object to any processing of your Personal Data carried out based on our legitimate interests (The Right to Object.)
- To not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects. Automated Decision-Making currently does not take place on our websites or in our services.
- To withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the legal processing of data based on previous consent before its withdrawal.